Sunday, November 13, 2011

My voyage

Those sweaty, sleepy and long days,

Changing uniforms as bugle plays.

Stretching ourselves to limits untold,

Muscle mutiny waiting to unfold.


And every time we grumbled,

We were “briefly” told;

“My dear trainees, Don’t think this is bad,

Worse awaits : the field is cruel, taxing n sad.

Academy is heaven,

Field waits like a demon.

Just run on Sundays for a few miles,

Field “perhaps” is far more hostile.

For field we prepare, to make u brave n bold.”


Finally, we are ready to embark, on this journey unknown,

My values as anchor, my destiny to be mould.

Responsibility beckons, hierarchy may stifle,

Situations will unfold, to test my mettle.


My actions scrutinised and verdicts will be passed,

By those up, down and side.

At times even flogging may come my way,

For stemming the evil tide.


Times when trigger will be heavier,

Than in any of the firing sessions.

And million thoughts torment my head,

Before my pen delivers its’ impression.


Compromises, pressures, dilemmas,

I’ve heard a lot of your tales.

It is time to sail my ship,

Into stormy seas to prevail.

No comments: